Our Lady of Perpetual Help parish was founded in 1947 by Rev. Louis E. Del Vecchio, S.A.C. The parish was located in an old army barracks which was remodeled into a small church. On August 31, 1947 Mass was celebrated for the first time. Folding chairs served as pews and the hard floor as kneelers.
Our present church building was finished in November of 1958.
Ours is an active parish with many special-interest associations: Legion of Mary, small church communities, Altar and Rosary Society, Knights of Columbus, Young Adults, Faith Formation of Youth, Youth Group, Liturgical Ministries, St. Joseph the Worker, Senior ministry, St. Joseph Senior Citizens, Adult Faith Formation, and preparation for all Sacraments for both children, teens, and adults.
Our community had a humble start with only a handful of people – 35 to be exact! Our registered parish families now number 1300.